Well, it seems to be that ANY time you have an input tag inside of a
draggable DIV the state is lost.  These radio buttons are not in a
form.  They are only used to adding a class to the DIV.  Here is the
most simplified form of the problem.
http://www.reepfamily.com/jquery/test.html.
Select one of the radio buttons and then drag/drop it.  I've tried all
sorts of hackish ways to fix it and none seem to work.  Here is the
latest attempt:
$(document).ready(function(){
                                                $("input").click(function(){
                                                        var myName =
$(this).attr('name');
                                                        $("[EMAIL
PROTECTED]'"+myName
+"']").removeAttr('checked').removeClass('set');
                                                        $(this).addClass('set');

$(".set").attr('checked','checked');

                                                });

$("#objective_sortable_list").sortable({stop: function() {

$(".set").attr('checked','checked');

My thinking was since its getting lost, maybe I can set a class and
then when the drag is stopped I can reapply the checked attribute.
Didn't work.  I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point.  Ideas?