How new are you to web developing?

XML / Database will be whatever you prefer.

Im guessing what you're interested in, is the fade/slide-in effect of
the red content box when you click a menu item.

You want to be looking at the animate() functionality.

http://docs.jquery.com/Effects/animate#paramsoptions

Bear in mind that you only want to pop the content into the box ONCE
the animation has finished... else its gonna be fugly.