Hey makgik.  I havent tested this yet, so I can't promise anything,
but it should work.  You need to use the document.ready event, as
above.  So do this:
$(document).ready(function() {
..
});

then, within that, you first want to hide everything (instantly):
$(*).fadeOut();

Then, show the yellow or whatever (instantly perhaps):
$("div#yellow").fadeIn();

Then, bring in the black bar slowly:
$(...).fadeIn("slow");

Etc...
If you want to fire these effects one after the other (for non-instant
effects), then use the call back.  For instance, to fade in div "A"
then div "B":
$("div#A").fadeIn("slow",function() { $("div#B").fadeIn("slow");});

and such.  To time events, use setTimeoutInterval() with a callback.
I think that function works in milliseconds, so to wait, say, 2
seconds and then fade in div "A",
setTimeoutInterval(2000,function() { $("div#A").fadeIn("slow");});  of
course, you can then place a callback in that fadein as well to fire
another event afterwards.

If nested callbacks arent your thing, you can of course just read up
on the exact animation times and use separate setTimeoutInterval()
calls for each effect, or using setTimeoutInterval() you can allow
effects to overlap a little.  You can really do anything you want with
these functions, this is just a quick primer.  Have fun!

Ben Cherry