Chris Jones wrote:
The hash was a suggestion on another site. I have tried it without it as well but no joy. If I alert the "serial" on success I get what I would expect ie. item[]=2&item[]=3&item[]=10
> [ ... ]
> data: serial.hash or data: serial, = nothing gets updated.
> data: "name=John&location=Boston" = the table gets updated via
> updatesql.php

Is that "on success" based upon the AJAX "success" function?

If so, then your PHP is actually responding with a good error code, and you need to do some fiddling in the PHP to see what's happening.

If you don't get that far, I would suggest something like the LiveHTTPHeaders plugin for Firefox to do some testing on the client side.

Sorry I don't have more definitive answers.  Good luck,

  -- Scott