I don't mind your opinion at all, that's why I posted and asked for
comments :-)

I don't remember exactly why I do so much concatenation, I was
actually thinking about that last night :-) that's something I'm going
to fix.

To be honest with you, I never really gave any thought to non-JS
users, when I first wrote the plugin I was in a bit of a rush, and
should have thought about that, another thing to fix. :-)

Now, to get up on my soap-box :-) :

I agree, we do have lots of plugins that do basically the same thing,
but they don't all fit every situation, or the documentation is a bit
hard to follow. jdMenu and Superfish are two great examples, they are
both great menu systems, but they both fit slightly different
situations (from a design stand-point not an application one), in some
situations, jdMenu is easier to style to get the look you're going
for, in others Superfish is easier (at least for me).

In addition, sometimes when we're looking for plugins, what we're
looking for is categorized differently than we think it should be, we
don't find what we're looking for so we write one that does what we
want, submit it and find later that someone had already written a
plugin to do what we were after in the first place. This has gotten a
lot better with the new repository, but it still happens. (Maybe we
should come up with a set of guidelines to help with categorization,
this would benefit both plugin developers and those searching out
plugins.)

Besides the above reasons I believe there are two more, 1. Learning
and Experimenting, 2. A desire to give back.

When I first wrote SafeMail it was a combination of all of the above,
and as I continue to develop it further it continues to be a learning
and experimenting experience and a way for me to give back to the
jQuery community.

Thanks for your opinion and feedback, its one of the things that makes
this community so great.