Jake McGraw wrote:
@jquery doc.jquery.com is down :-P

- jake

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Rey Bango <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Jason described it perfectly and you won't be left out of the loop because
you don't use Twitter. The mailing list is still the main point of
communication for the jQuery project. You would be surprised, though, how
many people do not subscribe to the mailing list but are on Twitter and
other services. We need to reach those folks as well.

 Going forward, we're going to use every means possible to get the word out
about jQuery. Remember that part of the team is dedicated to evangelism
efforts so we won't be thinning ourselves out.

 Rey...

 Rick Faircloth wrote:

Thanks, Jason... just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting "left out
of the loop" or had to subscribe to yet *another* source of info...

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jason Huck
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:31 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Twitter Account for jQuery & jQuery
UI Projects

Twitter posts (or "tweets") are limited to 140 characters, so they're
not going to replace full-fledged announcements. Rather, most of the
time, they'll just be headlines with a URL which points to...you
guessed it...the plugin repository, the main site, this list, various
blogs, etc.

So, I wouldn't worry about news being distributed exclusively via
Twitter. You just might find out about something a little bit sooner
if you use the service. In fact, even if you don't have a Twitter
account, you can still subscribe to an RSS or Atom feed of the updates
via your favorite feed reader.

I don't know how much automation is currently in place or planned, but
it might be nice to set it up to auto-announce new additions to the
plugin repository, new posts at planet.jquery.com, etc.

- jason