Hi,

I've tried searching for a solution to this, but haven't found
anything.

I load an external html file into a div using .load()
The external file contains only a huge <div> tag with the id 'inText'
The CSS rules apply to it, but the jQuery doesn't.

However, when I put in an alert or a setTimeout between the load and
the next jQuery, it works perfectly.

1)  The first issue here is that the next jQuery instruction is
executed before the external div has loaded. Is there a jQuery way to
check whether the load is complete? document.ready doesn't work here.

2) The classes contained within the newly loaded div are not
recognised by jQuery. It's as if a snapshot was created of the
original DOM, but new additions are not recognised. For example, I
have a Downloads link on my mainpage with the class 'downloads'. This
works perfectly.
Then i have another 'downloads' class link on my 'Thanks To' page
(loaded from outside), and this doesn't work.

Check this at http://sid-deswal.110mb.com

Regards
Sid