Hi,

I think it's a normal issue with jQuery, and happens to everyone
before or late... ;-)

The problem is that when you load the whole DOM at the beginning, the
external html file is not loaded yet... and so It doesn't exist at
all.
Then you load it but it's not bound to any event... that's the
problem!

You could avoid this problem by using a plugin, livequery plugin works
pretty well for me...

You can find it here: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/livequery/

Hope this helps