Sorry Donald, but your comment suggests you do not really understand what Open Source is.

It is more than "I can get it for free". And it is more than "I can do what I want with it" (two very different kinds of "free"). It is a mix of the two, with a healthy dose of "what makes the community better" view in there. But nowhere in that (partial) description does it say that money cannot change hands.

I would gladly pay someone to take an open source product and make it meet my needs - where I am either unable or don't have the time to do so myself. The question isn't about if I can get the product for free. It's more about how much effort will it take to implement that free product. And what about support afterwards? Or if needs change?

There is always a business choice needed whether to do it yourself or let someone else do it. It just so happens that the majority of people on this list are developers who can do it themselves. But a community is made up of more than one type of person. There are business people on the list, as well as casual users. THEY may not want to "do it themselves", and be willing to "pay for something that is based on Open Source".

While you may not pay for things you can get for free, don't paint everyone with your characteristics.

My Thoughts

Shawn

Donald J Organ IV wrote:
There are already crop plugins that have been written. Why would anyone pay for something that is based on opensource.