The best way to see what the btn object is all about is to download
and install firebug. Then use the console to output that object. for
example:

$('.mybutton').bind('click',function(btn){ console.log( btn); } );

Then on the console panel of firebug, you'll see the btn object, which
is clickable. If clicked, firebug will show you the DOM representation
of that object and all of its properties that are accessible.