Using the name "btn" for the event function parameter will surely make
things confusing - because you'll be looking for it to be a DOM element for
the button, which it isn't. The parameter to the event function is an
*event* object.

Inside the function, "this" refers to the button element, and so does
"event.target".

-Mike