Hi everybody,

I'm new on jQuery and I wanted to know which is the correct way to
right a function. For example I have a menu-list, and I want to clear
the "selected" state of all elements, and set it to the selected
element. So I wrote thi function:

        function toggleActive(e){
                $('#iconBox ul.bar li').children("a").removeClass("active");
                e.addClass("active");
                return false;
        }

And I invoke with:

        $('#page1').click(function() {
                toggleActive($(this).children("a"));
                [...rest of code...]
                return false;
        });

        $('#page2').click(function() {
                toggleActive($(this).children("a"));
                [...rest of code...]
                return false;
        });

This works.
But I think this is not the "jQuery sintax", so I'm triying to do it
right.
So I wrote:

        jQuery.fn.toggleActive = function(e){
                $('#iconBox ul.bar li').children("a").removeClass("active");
                e.addClass("active");
                return false;
        };

But I don't know how to call, and how to pass the param.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance.

Max