I think I see now. You should be able to parse the response (the
'data' argument from the sucess function) that you get back from the
ajax call and filter out the ID.

For instance, if the response is as follows:

<!-- id=1231234 -->

You could do something like this (untested):

$('#myform').ajaxForm( function(data) {

  var imageLoc = data.exec(/<!-- id=(\d+) -->/);
  if ( imageLoc )
    $("#create_image_location").val( imageLoc[0] );

  // ...
});

I'm assuming, based on your other emails, that you're using the Form Plugin.

Karl Rudd