Mike,

Sorry for the delay in responding!

Thanks for that,

I have set each individual image within the slide show using the
method you described and a case statement, which seems to work!

I understand that the transition change would be difficult, could you
describe the problem further so that I can 'have a go' at working
around it.

I'm also trying to add a wipe transition using the css clip statement.
similar to the crosswipe at

http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/transitions/

would I use the clip on the animOut or would I have to write my own
function

James