> I understand that the transition change would be difficult, could you
> describe the problem further so that I can 'have a go' at working
> around it.

The problem is that each transition type has it's own requirements for
where the slide should start, where it should end, what the z-indexes
of the slide stack should be, what the overflow of the container
should be, etc, etc.  It's not an easy problem to solve generically
given all the various transition types that are currently supported.

> I'm also trying to add a wipe transition using the css clip statement.
> similar to the crosswipe at
>
> http://www.brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/transitions/
>
> would I use the clip on the animOut or would I have to write my own
> function

It's currently not possible to cycle with clip animation since
jQuery's animate function doesn't support it and Cycle delegates to
that for the animation.  But I'd be willing to add a wipe transition
using custom logic.  What sort of wipe transitions are you looking
for?  Just simple left-to-right or top-to-bottom type stuff?

Mike