One other thing...there is an extra parenthesis:

$("li:hidden:first").fadeIn("slow")) <-- remove that sucker!

-- Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Swedberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:31 PM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Help learning...

Actually, the only selector here that you shouldn't have quotes around is "document". Can you try it without the quotes? Also, it looks like you might be missing a line at the end, although it might be a copy/ paste error. Try this:

$(document).ready(function() {
$("#image").hover(
     function () {
   $("li:hidden:first").fadeIn("slow"));