> A previous discussion here (http://groups.google.fr/group/jquery-en/
> browse_thread/thread/319177a5a9bb22a9/01b7544ac7203748) and a recent
> addition the to the Cycle plugin
> (seehttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add.html)
> makes me think that creating JQuery+Cycle slideshows with progressive
> image loading à la Flash is within reach.
> In this perspective, the exemple given
> athttp://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add.html
> isn't satisfactory because the slideshow stops until all extra images
> are loaded. Unfortunately I didn't find sufficient Cycle documentation
> to write a script that would simply:
> - start a slideshow with 2 images (1 isn't possible)
> - load the 3rd image while it displays the 2nd, an so on for the
> entire set
> - once all images are loaded, repeat the slideshow (without attempting
> to load the images again).
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

I've just improved how Cycle handles the dynamic adding of images.
The following link demonstrates your particular use case, loading
images one at a time until they are all loaded.

http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/add2.html

Be sure to download the latest version as many transitions were
updated to better support the dynamic adding capability.

http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/download.html

Cheers.

Mike