I've just committed some changes to the trunk:

http://www.haineault.com/media/examples/jquery-ui-toaster/demo/

- refactored using $.widget
- tested/fixed for IE7 (using a virtual machine XP ..)
- added support for custom effect when user manually hide (hide)
- added onHide callback
- added ui-toaster-closable style
- updated changelog

and it's smaller :)

I haven't tested it extensively and I don't think I'll have time to do
it soon, but I will accept bug reports and try to fix them

Thanks Andy

regards