The ContextMenu plugin you're referring to (
http://www.trendskitchens.co.nz/jquery/contextmenu/) works by listening for
the "contextmenu" event, e.g.
    $(this).bind('contextmenu', function(e) {
        // do cool stuff...
    });

We use it pretty heavily (although with some mods to allow for activation on
left-click as well) and I can't think of any issues it has with Opera of the
top of my head.

--
Aaron Heimlich
Web Developer