Hi Joel,
  I was hoping you could explain a couple of lines of code to me that
you use in superfish v1.3.1.  We have found that if we comment out
these two lines that it makes things a lot faster.  However, we think
we have an idea of what these lines do, but aren't sure what the
ramifications are if we comment them out.  Below is the chunk of code
we modified:

                var $sfHovAr=$('li:has(ul)',this)
                        .applySuperfishHovers(over,out)
/* commented out .find('a').each(superfishFocusBlur) for performance
*/
/*                      .find('a')
                        .each(superfishFocusBlur)
*/                      .end()
                        .not('.'+o.bcClass)
                                .hideSuperfishUl()
                        .end();
                $(window).unload(function(){
                        $sfHovAr.unbind('mouseover').unbind('mouseout');
                });
                return this.addClass('superfish').blur(function(){
                        out.call(this);
                });

I realize this is an out-dated version of superfish, and unfortunately
I don't think we'll get around to upgrading to the latest version for
a little while, unless you think moving to the new version would
improve performance.

However, I would like to say that you have been very helpful to me in
the past, and I so greatly appreciate all of your help.  You helped me
out quite awhile ago when we were in the early stages of redesigning
our site, and I'm excited that we have finally launched the updated
version of our site using supefish, if you want to check it out here
is the url: http://www.rei.com

thanks again,
 carleigh