I think this is the culprit...

i guess known issue with setAttribute that I didn't know about...

id, class and like 20+ other attributes are reserved words thus doesn't work
in IE7... although it looks like it's working... but it's not.

There are lots of work arounds out there, i hope I can change the design so
I don't need to do the work around...