The code doesn't work because you are loading jQuery dynamically, so it is
executed *after* your plugins which are loaded with inline script tags.

I would do it like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function script( url ) {
        document.write(
            '<script type="text/javascript" src="', url, '">',
            '<\/script>'
        );
    }

    if( ! jQuery )
        script( 'jquery-1.2.6.min.js' );
    script( 'firstplugin.js' );
    script( 'secondplugin.js' );
</script>

By doing everything with document.write, you will get the execution order
you want.

-Mike