ok thanks, It works now, i was told from soneone on a linux forum that
firefox dosen't use z-index lol .

Thanks alot.  Another question. How do you make website display
settings friendly?? like I want people that have different display
settings to still view the website how it supposed to.

For me I used % for width and height and notice if  you  make the web
browser window smaller they shrink and if you then smush the window to
get small as possible the texts would go off the tables making a mess.
I want the content to adjust to the users display settings and yet not
get smushed I don't want the texts going off the table or a image
going off the table, I want it all to resize in a way that both the
tables and content would resize so it looks just like if you looked at
it in any display settings like 800x600. ect

Can jquery help me out with this is their a plug-in  I would use to
control the resizing on of the content based on the clients display
settings. well monitor resolution.