As a note, your "apparatusTooltips.js" script has a badly-formed array on
lines 30-37.  This doesn't affect FF but will kill IE.

But onto the underlying problem.

The actual issue seems to be with the grep method:

// Go through the array, only saving the items
1197 // that pass the validator function
1198 for ( var i = 0, length = elems.length; i < length; i++ )
1199    if ( !inv != !callback( elems[ i ], i ) )
1200       ret.push( elems[ i ] );

When show is called, it first filters by ':hidden'.

There is only 1 element in the elems array.

The loop starts off correctly, going through 1198, 1199, 1200 for the first
iteration.

The second iteration it exist the "for" loop as (i<length) returns false.

But when exiting the loop, it still executes line 1200, adding a null value
to the return array.

This is likely a bug in FireFox, but it would probably go away if code
blocks { } were expressly defined around the for loop and the if statement.

JK