Cute answer Mike.  I use "method" as a hidden form name all the time
and my code is already wrapped with that code everywhere.  I'm
terrible with coming up with good names for things, but I have to have
some name that makes sense.  What do you use?  I have two key inputs
that tell my processing pages what to do with the data coming in -
task and method.

I get this same error with jquery 1.2.6. in IE only. If I downgrade to
jquery 1.2.4, it's fine.

This is the error I get (you know how non-helpful JS errors in IE
are):

Line: 2
Char: 2490
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0