n00b here attempting to implement a simple jQuery function: I want to
slowly show (fade in) a hidden division after clicking a text anchor
(link). I've managed to get some jQuery plugins working correctly, but
coding something myself is apparently beyond my current capabilities.
:P

Here is the script code, inserted in the head:

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function(){

        function fadein() {
        $("#overview").show("slow");
              $(".fadein").click(fadein) {
</script>

Here is the style code for the division from the CSS file:

div#overview {
  width: 746px;
  height: 340px;
  position: relative;
  top: -415px;
  left: 0px;
  background-color: #e4f0c5;
  z-index: 1;
  margin: 5px;
  border: 2px solid #90a35d;
  text-align: left;
  color: #294145;
  padding: 10px;
  visibility: hidden;
}

And here is the HTML code from the body:

<a class="fadein" onclick="fadein(#overview);">Overview</a>

Note that in the CSS I have visibility as hidden: is that a problem?

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,
-neuron