I have a similar problem where i want to submit a AJAX form through
its button click event because the AJAX onclick handler is added
dynamically through RichFaces. I have two different forms and tried to
define a keypress handler for my input fields as follows
--
jQuery(".search input:text").keypress(function(e) {
        if (e.which == 13 || e.keyCode == 13) { // ENTER-Key

The curiousity now is that the code works on the form where i have 3
input text fields and submits the form via AJAX but not on the one
with just one input field. There the form is submitted via
POST ... :-/

Any ideas?