My issue is that I want to allow users to hide and show expanded data.
Yet for some reason, when I implement this in jQuery, the expanded
rows always seem to stay in a single column, instead of returning back
to the full table width. I can get it to work in prototype, but jquery
won't.

Anyone else have problems with show()?

This is my example:

[code]

                <script type="text/javascript">
                jQuery.noConflict();

                function jqueryclick( node ) {
                        var sibling = jQuery( node ).next('tr');
                        sibling.toggle('slow');

                        // $( node ).next('.expanded').toggle();
                }

                function prototypeclick( node ) {
                        $( node ).next('.expanded').toggle();
                }