Thanks for the answer.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to play
well with the plugin and I didn't want to have to do significant
changes.

The plugin I'm using is jquery.scrollable.js.

Anyone know of a nice scrolling plugin that already has built in to it
the ability to continue scrolling when hovering over the "next" nav
item?  All the scrolling plugins I find use either timers or clicks.
I haven't dug into all their code yet; I don't mind doing minor
changes to the plugin.  The keyword here being: Minor. (couple of
lines)