use this --
plot=$.plot($("#spectrumModalGraph"), [{ data: velFFTData,
color:"#60AAD5"}],$.extend(true, {}, spectrumChartOptions, {xaxis: { min:
spectrumFFTZoomArea.x1, max: spectrumFFTZoomArea.x2 },yaxis: { min:
spectrumFFTZoomArea.y1, max: spectrumFFTZoomArea.y2*1.5 }}));

i am using spectrumFFTZoomArea.x1,  and spectrumFFTZoomArea.x2 with
values....to set the min max of the graph

for tickmarks u can use tick formatter

  xaxis, yaxis: {
    mode: null or "time"
    *min: null or number
    max: null or number*
    autoscaleMargin: null or number
    ticks: null or number or ticks array or (fn: range -> ticks array)
    tickSize: number or array
    minTickSize: number or array
   * tickFormatter: (fn: number, object -> string) or string*
    tickDecimals: null or number
  }

hope this helps

--