On Sep 17, 11:30 am, Nathan Bubna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I like this.  And really, isn't click the only event that you would
> really need this bubbling for?  Couldn't you just check the event type
> and only bubble on click, so that your plugin runs fine with fast-
> firing events too?

Well to begin with, I wouldn't use event delegation for hovers, for
example. It's never been fast enough for my needs. I mainly use it for
click, although I wouldn't want to restrict a solution to only one
event simply because I don't see a need for others.

I could certainly forsee using it for contextmenu and keyboard events,
for example.

Perhaps a better option would be to pass in a flag for whether to
simulate the bubble or not, with it defaulting to true.

I am also experimenting with changing it so rather than using .is(), I
would use .find(), so that more complex selectors that depend on
hierarchy could be used. I'm not sure what impact this would have on
speed.

Matt Kruse