Sorry if I posted this twice, I've just joined and got told I couldn't post
messages by google groups.  Think I have joined properly now though.

I have a css sprite which I have finally managed to figure out how to
animate.  All is well, except that there is a lot of repetition in the code
and my Software Engineering background is screaming at me telling me to
refactor and get rid of the duplication in the code.

<code>
$(document).ready(function(){
       $('#mjcwalk').css( {backgroundPosition: '0 0'} )
                        .fadeOut('slow', function() { $(this).css(
{backgroundPosition: '-500 0'} ).show()
                        .fadeOut('slow', function() { $(this).css(
{backgroundPosition: '-1000 0'} ).show()
                        .fadeOut('slow', function() { $(this).css(
{backgroundPosition:
'-1500 0'} ).show()
                        .fadeOut('slow', function() { $(this).css(
{backgroundPosition:
'-2000 0'} ).show()
                        .fadeOut('slow', function() { $(this).css(
{backgroundPosition:
'-2500 0'} ).show()
</code>

What I though I could do was to create a nice for loop and call the same
function over and over again, but can I for the life of me figure out how to
do it.

Please could someone help me refactor this code into a function as have
tried and tried to figure it out form myself and am getting no where.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]