My advice is to quit on this one. Even if you can capture the HTTP
request at the server what are you going to do with it? The server is
already 'capturing' the requests and telling the browser when it has
already downloaded the .swf - it IS only downloaded once, but you have
to wait for each request to be answered so that the browser is told
"you already have this file". There is no alternative possible. But if
you used the canvas object or pure XHTML that would be another
story :)

- ricardo