When I use .load() to pull in a whole page, script tags are correctly pulled
in and executed. However, if I add a selector to the .load() call all script
tags get stripped out. In the following example, the heading from the second
HTML file gets pulled in, but the JS with the alert does not. Could this be
a bug?

        <head>
                <title>Ajax</title>
                <script type="text/javascript"
src="jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script>
        </head>

                <script type="text/javascript">
                        $("#load_target").load("has_script.htm #script");
                </script>

        <head>
                <title>Script</title>
        </head>