I hadn't seen either of those before - thank you!

The Flowplayer works nicely, I think. They both offer a better-looking
method than switching iframe or Flash content with javascript - which
is what I'm doing at present. But they don't really answer the hole in
my knowledge ...

See all those different file types handled by Mike Alsup's plugin?
What would I need those for?
What happens when the user doesn't have the right Flash version; is
there a way to automatically select an alternative  player for them?
(This is a problem for me more often than it should be - my Firefox
Flash plugin doesn't work properly. Some files play well regardless,
others just stall.)
Do I need to worry about streaming larger files, or can I trust modern
browsers to just get on with it?

Etc .... ! Looks like a minefield.

All further suggestions also welcomed :))
Cherry.