That's a shame. I note that Nick Stakenburg's "ProtoTip2" does this,
but using the Prototype framework. Perhaps something to consider as a
feature enhancement. Would you considered as a paid enhancement?

ProtoTip2 demonstration
http://www.nickstakenburg.com/projects/prototip2/
(Move cursor over some of the boxes)
He suggests that all the tooltips could be enabled as soon as the page
loads too, see:
http://www.nickstakenburg.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=764&page=1

Prototype framework.
http://www.prototypejs.org/