Hi Michael & Paul

Thanks for your replies - both expressions work !
(plus another I worked on prior to your responses).
Just have to say thanks for the great jquery community support
offerred here

While I have your attention - had another question to ask....

Since I am translating the standard hrefs with calls to jquery ajax
fpr tje entire CMS
how does this effect SEO and other bots that 'spider' through the site

Will the bots and search engines "SEE the original HREF'S"
and not execute the ajax calls - if so would Paul's approach be better
since it amounts to an onClick handler -where the status bar shows
original HREF

Thanks guys
very much appreciated!