@ricardobeat:
Great! thank you for your help. I see that there are plenty of manners
that can be used to retrieve the type of an element, now it's to
choose the good one ;) .
I'll use the ternary one for my code but I will also keep in mind the
other functions you gave here for using them in my next coding

@Remy:
I did that already! ... but when i saw that the ouput was without any
tag (stripped), i told myself that the the code won't have been
recognized as xml but as text only. If i understand well, the script
will parse the html tab and not the output tab ?

Again thousand of thanks to all of you here ! you saved me from a
violent headache !!