Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but I've kind of narrowed my
preference down to blockUI for the job at hand. Believe me, I've tried
them all, and they all have their share of quirks. Does anyone have a
suggestion for fixing the blockUI bug? If not, do know how I can
contact it's author directly? Thanks again for your help so far!

JR