Thanks Mike!

But again, the solutions being suggested are outside of the plugin
itself. Changing a doc type is easy, but not always practical because
of other effects it may have on the page/site.

It's really up to BlockUI to address this. Ideally, a plugin should be
designed to account for the most common environments in which it will
operate. IE6 is still a major player with at least 20% (some say as
high as 35%) market share among web users. I hate compensating for IE6
as much as the next guy, but it's a necessary evil.

JR