Thanks for the link http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Developer_Guide
You are absolutely right about understanding.

Our professor of math was saying "First you have to use it, then you
will understand it".
I  found it to be very true.

I had been using JQuery for some time... It's just I am working on a
new project which requires the tablesorter plug-in functionality
married with AJAX.
Unfortunately I were not able to use tablesorter as is. Since data
comes from AJAX and tablesorter plug in does not allow me reload data
into grid easily. I spent some time with it trying to fit it in but
finally gave up and decided that it's time to write my own thing.

And that is how I realized that I know too little about modern
JavaScript language. I used to think that I know it pretty well when
in reality all I could do is to use alert and setInteval functions :)

George.