That's just due to the browser cache, do the same (but opposite) with
the other one.  Uncheck it, and reload.  it stays hidden.  Do a force
refresh (Ctrl+F5) and that will truly reload the page.

Still, I'm not sure why that would happen, it seems to me that it
should catch it - but are people really going to be reloading the
page?

I'd like to know the answer here as well.  Any takers?