I can see some of his points, and there are some clashes with the
asp.net ajax toolkit - but all the problems I've had have been with
microsoft's javascript, not jQuery.  the ajax toolkit is so hard wired
into asp.net sometimes, it's hard to replace it with a better written
and better looking jQuery alternative.