On Saturday 29 November 2008, Jeffrey Kretz wrote:
> This may be overkill for your needs, but it is free:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/express/vwd/
>
> It also has jQuery-aware intellisense.
>
> Whenever I need to debug an IE script page, I do ALT-V, U, O, pick the VS
> Debugger and it opens right up with all the scripts available, can set
> breakpoints, view variables and properties, etc. etc.
>
> As much as I adore Firebug and can't live without it, its debugger is FAR
> eclipsed by the Visual Studio one (IMO).

Thanks for that link. I was just going to ask if there even is a half way
decent debugger for IE.  Windows is so unwieldy when it comes to debugging
(but that may just be me, as using Windows is a pain for me and I only do
when there's absolutely no way around it...)

Personally I write my stuff for Firefox (or better "standards compliant" -
where firefox has it's issues every now and then, but far less than IE). Once
all that works I start to degrade it to IE7. On all websites where I can make
the decision (non-client websites), I don't even support IE6. Hey, if you use
that old piece of crap you don't deserve visiting my website.
The only thing I do for those guys is give them the download links to IE7,
FF,Safari or Chrome.