I tried it, believe me. :)

Yet I had to use frames due to close deadlines as divs that I used
were placed abnormally everwhere depending on which browser were
presented in.
I have to create a navigation side on the left and a content area on
the right. The menu should always be visible while the content should
be scrollable. The menu should become hidden on click and the
splitting between the sides should be adjustable. Tell me, is there
div-based jQuery code that accomplishes this? I use jTree for the
navigation menu and I tried jSplitter for creating the splitter but I
couldn't create an always visible yet scrollable layout :)

So I reverted back to frames and it works well in major browsers, I
can adjust splitter, I can scroll content, I just lost the possibility
of creating a smooth animation ( I animate the disappearing of the
navigation menu).

If you have better ideas, tell me.