I am having the same problem I think (apologies if I accidentally
posted twice).  The standard jquery call seems to work fine.  I
haven't broken this down into a simple page yet that I could try with
FireFox, but I will do that next.  I'm in IE6&7

// This never calls my WebMethod...

        $("#navigation").treeview({
                persist: "location",
                collapsed: true,
                unique: false,
                ajax: {
                    url: "SearchResults.aspx/GetData",
                    type: "POST",
                    data: "{}",
            contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
            dataType: "json"

// This does....
    var x = $.ajax({type:"POST",
                    url: "SearchResults.aspx/GetData",
                    data: "{}",
                    contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
                    dataType: "json"
                    });
alert(x);