I was going to guess what your HTML looks like and show you how to
trigger an event on another element, but I figured it would help much.
I see you have posted already half a dozen messages on the same
subject here, why not put a test page or a mock-up of your app online,
so we can see how it's structured and how it works, and then maybe
propose something useful to you?

cheers,
- ricardo