I don't have a demo anywhere and the pages are on a private intranet,
wish I had something I could post especially for the future.

I kept the margins and ditched the width so that works the best. If
there is content then it displays centered, otherwise the "no content
found" message displays to the left. No big deal, my client will live
with it. I have the cluetip set to 350px but I really don't want to
set the width of the table because I might pull that content page and
stuff it into a div on some othe pages, so I want it to grow and
shrink dynamically based on the available container. Anyhow, thanks
for you quick reply. Another quick question??

I currently have links with names ( some long and some short ) and I
want the cluetip to display the tip to the right of the name.
I am using leftOffSet

$('a.scomments').cluetip({
        sticky: true,
        width:350,
        positionBy: 'auto',
        leftOffset: 250,
        attribute: 'rel',
        closePosition: 'title',
        ajaxCache: false
});

I thought based on the documentation that the cluetip would position
itself from the left side of the anchor, right now it is doing it from
the right side of the anchor, so the tip is sometimes over my textarea
boxes and sometimes not. When I set the leftoffset high enough to keep
it from displaying over the textarea boxes it goes too far right on
the real long names. Hope that makes sense. So am I doing something
wrong or is this the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks,

SM