Thank you so much!
I have fixed items 1,2, and 3.  For items 4 and 5, I had created an
issue on the project site:
http://code.google.com/p/postlink/issues/detail?id=1

I know I shouldn't use alerts (that was more for me when I was
developing the plugin).  I would prefer to just ignore any elements
that aren't 'A' elements - can I just replace my alerts with
"return;" ?

Thank you very much for your valuable input!

Brian