you shouldn't use .length on a jQuery object, since that always returns 1 afaik. Use .size() instead. If your alert then still reports 1 you've selected the table
correctly using jQuery, else you have to check your id.

also your example implies, that the serverIdPrefix is not used. Check if html corresponds
to your javascript on that.

best regards,

lukas pitschl